Ascended M.U.G.E.N
March 28, 2024, 06:25:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE ARE MOVING!

http://www.ascendedmugen.com/index.php?action=forum

This is the new forum and server. All downloads are now hosted here and everything far as post count can be recoverd in the proper topic.

Home Help Links Staff List Login Register  

Kujo's Random Tutorials

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kujo's Random Tutorials  (Read 3476 times)
Kujo
« on: August 27, 2007, 02:07:42 am »

First off, please don't distribute these edits without permission from the original author. It isn't good unless it's Open Source. Yeah, it's not against the rules on some forums anymore but I am a person who respects the hard work that goes into creations. You should be to. Especially since Karma can be a ****.

Thank you DMK for making this section. Anyway, copy and paste from MI:
I'm marking important things in teal because it doesn't burn. Titles are also in teal. All you need for these are Notepad, a brain, what you're editing, and patience. Before making any changes make a copy of what you're editing in case of a screw up or anti-theft device.

King Yoshi's Guide.

That guide is very well done, and if you were to put our guides in a series or something

it'd come before mine which is why it's up here, not at the bottom.
Shin Ryuken's Tutorial

Table of Contents, ignore any - when searching
0.1 My Download is Currupt
1.0 Disable Debug Info
1.1 Adding Characters
1.2 Adding Stages
1.3 Introduction Paragraph to Adding Order number, and such
-1.3a Make it so You Fight that Character on a Certain Stage
-1.3b Add an Order Number
-1.3c Play a Certain Song While Fighting that Character
-1.3d Putting all that Together
1.4 Adding a Screenpack
1.5 Adding Lifebars
-1.5a Adding Zedzdead's Virua Fighter 5 Lifebars
-1.5b The Text is all Ugly, and Big
1.6 Adding Hidden Slots to your Select Screen

0.1 My Download is Currupt
Redownload, and try until it works. No, really. This is the solution most of the time. The exception I've seen is Yasanagi by MIT who you have to extract with WinZip11...or 10. One of the two, I'm not entirely sure which.

1.0 How to Disbable Debug Info(littlewhiteletters), and Still be Able to Use Debug Keys
I'll tell you how to hide it, and be able to use Debug keys at the same time. Open your mugen.cfg with Notepad and find:
[Debug]
 ;Set to 0 to disable starting in debug mode by default.
Debug = _

;Set to 0 to disallow switching to debug mode by pressing Ctrl-D.
 ;If Debug = 1, this will be ignored.
AllowDebugMode = _

;Set to 1 to allow debug keys at all times. Otherwise debug keys
 ;allowed only in debug mode.
AllowDebugKeys = _

Replace the blanks with the following numbers in order; 0 1 1 So it'd look like:
[Debug]
 ;Set to 0 to disable starting in debug mode by default.
Debug = 0

;Set to 0 to disallow switching to debug mode by pressing Ctrl-D.
 ;If Debug = 1, this will be ignored.
AllowDebugMode = 1

AllowDebugKeys = 1

That should do it.

1.1 How to add Characters; anything but EVE categories is used because I'm lazy

that way.    Wink

Okay, put all your characters into the chars folder that came with MUGEN. Then extract them. If it created a folder within a folder dump everything from the second folder into the first one then delete the second folder. I'm using a randomly made up character called ShinRyu in this example I highly doubt he exists so don't ask for him. Okay, now if the folder is called SRyu, and there is a file inside it called ShinRyu.def edit the folder name so it's ShinRyu. You have to have the folder, and file names the same unless you want to do some extra typing. Now, open the select.def you're using. You open this file with Notepad. Go to

a line that looks like:
CharaName[004]

Erase the entire line. Now, if you're using my example on the line you just erased

put ShinRyu so it looks like:
ShinRyu

That's about it. You've probably noticed the lack of a [004]. That's because you remove that. In other Screenpacks character slots are marked by randomselect. Make sure your def file, and folder have the same name. Now save your changes by pressing Ctrl+S. You select characters by pressing an attack button.

1.2 How to add Stages
I'm just doing a quick one that some folks have trouble with. Okay, first you place the stage into the stages folder that came with MUGEN. Then extract the stage. Make sure it isn't in a folder unless you want to edit stuff which is bothersome. Now, quickly open up the stage you just extracted and find the following lines:
[BGdef]
spr = stages/________.def
debugbg = 1   

Yeah, I just put that because there are some older stages where the / is a \. You may think that's a small thing but it's not. There have been so many stages like that where people have gotten stumped. I am one of them. In WinMUGEN you can't have a / as a \.

Now that that's out of the way open the select.def you're currently using and find:
[ExtraStages]
 ;Put extra stages here. They will be available in VS and Watch modes.
 ;For example, you can insert "stages/mybg.def".

stages/kfm.def

I'm going to add a stage called Stage0 which came with your MUGEN. Just change Stage0 with the actual name you can get by copy, and pasting the name from the stage file. I'm going to show what the section looks like with Stage0 added. Make sure your stage is in the stages folder or else you'll encounter problems. I'm marking Stage0 in teal.
[ExtraStages]
 ;Put extra stages here. They will be available in VS and Watch modes.
 ;For example, you can insert "stages/mybg.def".

stages/kfm.def
stages/stage0.def

That's about it. Just save your changes by pressing Ctrl+S.

1.3 How to Add an Order Number, a Stage, and Music to a Character
I've bunched all these because they fall into each other in a way. I will separate the steps into paragraphs, and put what I'm doing in that paragraph in teal. These changes I'm posting only work in Arcade Mode.

1.3a Adding a stage to a character.
This will make the character you add the stage to fight on that stage in Arcade mode. If you're doing Simul the character has to be the second character to fight on that certain stage. I'm using Kung Fu Man, and Stage0 for this tutorial. But it's all the same. Pretty much just adding a stage to MUGEN. Find the character you want to fight on a certain stage in your select.def. Lets pretend you're using Kung Fu Man. Find:
kfm

Now, on that same line add the following that's in teal:
kfm, stages/stage0.def

The stage has to be in the stages folder for this to work. You replace stage0.def with the name of the stage you're using when you copy, and paste the file name. Be sure to use a /, and not a \.

1.3b Giving a character an order number.
I don't exactly know how to word what this is called. Basically on the bottom of your select.def are ten numbers. The first number of those ten is used unless you give a character order=2 or higher up to order=10. So you can decide when you fight someone this way. Now to get to the tutorial.

Once again I'm using Kung Fu Man. Find his line in the select.def:
kfm

You need to specify a stage for your order to work. So if you want to fight him on Stage0 go to his line and add what I put in teal:
kfm, stage/stage0.def

Now, choose an order number. I'm using order=3 in this example. I'll explain what number does what a little later. Add the text in teal:
kfm, stages/stage0.def, order=3

Now you'll fight him on Stage0 later than you did before. But if you want a random stage

replace stages/stage0.def with random. After you do that it'll look like:
kfm, random, order=3, includestage=0

Now to cover what the number means, and how to add how many levels there are in Arcade Mode.

In your select.def find:
arcade.maxmatches = 6,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

The 6 is order=1 or no specified order, the first 1 is order=2, the second 1 is order=3, and the first 0 is order=4 it goes up in that order until order=10 which is the last 0. You increase or decrease these number to change the amount of levels are in Arcade mode. There's a section below this one for Team Arcade. You fight order=1 characters first, then order=2, then order=3, and so on until you hit a 0. In this case Arcade mode ends after you fight one order=3 character.

1.3c Making it so a certain song plays when you fight that certain charater.
This is a fun one. Especally for boss battles. When you fight the character you did this to in Arcade Mode the song you specified plays in the backround instead of the backround music of that stage. I'm using Kung Fu Man, and a song called 04_-_future_dancin'_(taki_stage_-_original).mp3 for this example. Before you begin make sure the song is in the sound folder that came with MUGEN. Find the character's line in the select.def:
kfm

Now add what I put in teal.
kfm, music=sound/04_-_future_dancin'_(taki_stage_-_original).mp3

Replace 04_-_future_dancin'_(taki_stage_-_original).mp3 with the name of the song you want to play. You get the song name by renaming, and copying the file name of the song you want to use. Now just save.

1.3d Using all these tips at once.
Lets say you have Kung Fu Man as a boss, and the boss' order number is 3. I'll show you how to mix all the tips I just went through at the same time for a really epic or goofy boss battle. I'm just going to laze my way through, and use the examples I've used previously. Find the character's line in your select.def:
kfm

Now add what I did in teal:
kfm, stages/stage0.def, music=sound/04_-_future_dancin'_(taki_stage_-_original).mp3, order=3

I put it in that order because it seems right. I haven't tried any other order of placing it but this is a sure fire way. If you look back a little you'll see that I didn't change anything. Just do what I told you to previously, and it'll work fine.

1.4 How to Add a Screenpack
Okay, after you download the Screenpack put it into that Data folder that came with your MUGEN. Extract it then open the folder. If there's a folder in an otherwise empty folder take the stuff from the second folder, and dump it all into the first. Then delete the second folder. Open the system.def that came with the Screenpack you just extracted with
Notepad, and find:
[Files]
spr = system.sff               ;Filename of sprite data
snd = system.snd               ;Filename of sound data
logo.storyboard = loading.def      ;Logo storyboard definition (optional)
intro.storyboard = data/e1intro.def   ;Intro storyboard definition (optional)
select = select.def               ;Character and stage selection list         
fight = lifebar/fight.def                                                 ;Fight definition

filename
font1 = font/f-4x6.fnt            ;System fonts
font2 = font/f-6x9.fnt            ;System fonts
font3 = font/jg.fnt               ;System fonts
font4 = nes-8.fnt
font5 = font/name1.fnt
font6 = nes-24.fnt

This is a random example to show you how to decide what goes where. Yours will look completely different because I made up the folders. Now, if you see a folder name/ then it belongs in that folder. So the lifebar/ means that the files mentioned on that same line belongs in a folder in the Screenpack's folder called lifebar. Data/, and font/ means that the files belong in the data, and font folders that came wih MUGEN. If there is no folder specified don't touch the file at all or else you'll screw everything up. You do the same for the fight.def the Screenpack specifies.Now that that's done open your mugen.cfg that came with MUGEN with Notepad, and find:
motif = data/system.def

Lets pretend the Screenpack you're installing is in a folder called SCREENPACK. So if you're

installing it the line I posted will look like:
motif = data/SCREENPACK/system.def

Replace SCREENPACK with the folder name of the Screenpack you're installing. Make sure you use a /, and not a \ or else it won't work. From now on you add characters to the select.def that came with the Screenpack you just installed.

1.5 Adding Lifebars
First place the Lifebars in the Data folder that came with MUGEN. Now extract them. Like with anything else if it creates a folder within an otherwise empty folder put everything from the second folder into the first, and delete the second folder. Now, open the fight.def you want to add, and like in section 1.4 figure out where everything goes. Refer to that section because I really don't want to retype everything. After figuring out what goes where open the system.def you're using the Lifebars in with Notepad. Find:
fight = _________

For this example I'm using a randomly made up Lifebar called KujoLife because for some reason I'm in a slightly conceted mood.  Tongue The lifebar is in a folder called KujoLife, and inside that folder is a file called fight.def. Go to that line I mentioned earlier, and put:
fight = KujoLife/fight.def

KujoLife is the folder name so replace that with the folder name you're using. Fight.def should be the only def file in the Lifebar you downloaded.

1.5a Installing Zedzdead's Virtua Fighter 5 Lifebars
It's the same as the previous section except for one error in the fight.def. I put the lines you need to fix in teal. Open the fight.def and edit the lines in teal to mtach mine:
Edit what I put in teal to match mine. You're looking at your fight.def that came with the
Lifebars.
[Files]
sff = fight.sff
snd = fight.snd
font1 = F_name.fnt
font2 = VF5_TIMER.fnt
font3 = KOFXI Combo.fnt
font4 = KOFXI Hit.fnt
font5 = F_name2.fnt
font6 = 15x19.fnt
fightfx.sff = data/fightfx.sff
fightfx.air = data/fightfx.air
common.snd = data/common.snd

Don't touch anything except that.

1.5b The Text is all Ugly, and Big
That is solved by opening the mugen.cfg that came with MUGEN and finding:
;Set this parameter to use a resolution-doubling filter. You will
 ;need a fast machine to use these filters. You will need to increase
 ;the screen resolution to at least 640x480 for these modes.
 ;0 - off
 ;1 - diagonal edge detection
 ;2 - bilinear filtering
 ;3 - horizontal scanlines
DoubleRes = _

Change the _ to a 4. Now it'll look better. But there are some Lifebars that don't support
this so the text gets all tiny, and off-centre.

1.6 How to add character slots; hidden
Okay, this is one of the simplest edits you can make to a Screenpack but one of the least known. I only figured it out because I'm not afraid to experiment. Now, open the system.def of the Screenpack you're editing with Notepad, you can use Fighter Facotry but I find Notepad easier to see. Before I post examples keep in mind your numbers will vary so look
for the section header, and not the numbers. I'm using Kamek's Screenpack for my examples.

Find:
;Character select definition
[Select Info]
fadein.time = 10
fadeout.time = 10
rows = 16
columns = 22
wrapping = 1         

The number you want to edit is marked in teal, only edit that number unless you want a giant mess. Now, increase it. For this example I'll increase it by 3:
;Character select definition
[Select Info]
fadein.time = 10
fadeout.time = 10
rows = 19
columns = 22
wrapping = 1      

You might be wondering how you know how many slots you just added. That number is decided by the number in columns = multiplied by the amount you increased row = by. So in the example I have 22 columns, and increased my row = by 3. Which means I added 66 slots. Now, open your select.def and go just below the last part in the character section. Make blocks that have the same amount of randomselects as the amount in columns = . So I'd be making blocks of 22. Just add characters to these new blocks. So I'd have blocks that look like:
DrillTank
executioner zero/zero.def
twelve/storytwelve.def
sandbag, stages/kfm.def
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect

As you can see I already added characters. But you'll probably notice that there are icons on your big protraits. This can be solved by adding 'X's to the blocks you ust made. Each line of 'X's should be around eight 'X's. So if the icons appear on the bottom replace all of your first block with 'X' lines so it looks like:
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX

DrillTank
executioner zero/zero.def
twelve/storytwelve.def
sandbag, stages/kfm.def
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect
randomselect

You will have to experiment with your 'X's. Because of the 'X's you did decrease the amount of slots you added but that's alright. The only problem with this technique is that they're hidden. I haven't messed around enough to figure out how to fix that.

More later. I have a feeling I can't post anymore in this one so I'm going to see if I can double post the next sections. That way everything is in one place. The Lifebar editing is getting it's own tutorial.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 04:55:58 pm by Kujo » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kujo
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 02:31:38 am »

Table of Contents
0.1 How to Ask a Question
0.2 How to Make MUGEN Fullscreen
1.6 How to Fight Whoever You Want
1.7 How to make TLOE Jigglypuff
1.8 How to Make Characters Translucent

0.1 How to Ask a Question
I'll go over the steps:
1) If you get an error post the exact error. That means don't censor anything. Not names, or numbers, or anything of the sort. Beleive it or not that's vital.
2) Put it in plain english. It doesn't have to be perfect since I know folks come from different countires, and english is so tough that a lot of people who have spoken it all their lives still have trouble. (but those people are usually teenagers that are too lazy to read books Wink )
So please no:
"omgz, i gotz dis eror an i cant get it.  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry "
Yeah, that's helpful.  :whatever:
3) Beleive it or not five angry faces does not make people want to answer your question.
4) Make sure it's in the right place.
5) Please don't lock it before someone answers it. Beleive it or not, that keeps people from posting in your topic unless they're in a high position like Staff.

0.2 How to Make MUGEN Fullscreen
Open your mugen.cfg file with Notpead, and find:
;Set this parameter to 0 to disable screen stretching, and set it to 1 if
 ;you want to scale it up to fit the current resolution.
Stretch = 0

;DirectX mode
 ;Choose from Hardware, Software, Windowed, Overlay, Safe and None
 ;Hardware and Software run in full-screen. Windowed and Overlay
 ;run in a window. The windowed modes require you to set Depth to
 ;whatever color depth you are using for you desktop. The best results
 ;are when you run in 16-bit color. There is no advantage to running
 ;in 32-bit color. If Hardware, Software and Windowed fail, try Safe.
 ;None uses GDI to draw, so it's very slow. Use None only if
 ;you cannot get anything else to work.
 ;Overlay is not supported by all video cards, but can be faster than
 ;Windowed if it works.
DXmode = Windowed

Change those to:
;Set this parameter to 0 to disable screen stretching, and set it to 1 if
 ;you want to scale it up to fit the current resolution.
Stretch = 1

;DirectX mode
 ;Choose from Hardware, Software, Windowed, Overlay, Safe and None
 ;Hardware and Software run in full-screen. Windowed and Overlay
 ;run in a window. The windowed modes require you to set Depth to
 ;whatever color depth you are using for you desktop. The best results
 ;are when you run in 16-bit color. There is no advantage to running
 ;in 32-bit color. If Hardware, Software and Windowed fail, try Safe.
 ;None uses GDI to draw, so it's very slow. Use None only if
 ;you cannot get anything else to work.
 ;Overlay is not supported by all video cards, but can be faster than
 ;Windowed if it works.
DXmode = Hardware

Then press Ctrl+S to save your changes. Now it's Fullscreen. No downloading required.

1.6 How to fight Whoever You Want
First off, make sure you have Debug keys enabled. To do this go into your mugen.cfg and

find:
AllowDebugKeys = _

Make sure the _ is a 1.

After doing that open MUGEN, and go into Watch Mode. Select the characters like you normally would, and when the characters do their intros press Ctrl+1 if you want to play as Player 1, and Ctrl+2 if you want to be Player 2. You can also do this in VS. Mode by pressing Ctrl+2 if you want to be player 1, and Ctrl+1 if you want to be Player 2.

1.7 How to Make TLOE Jigglypuff
This is an Ascended MUGEN exclusive until MI cleans up it's act. So here you go:
First, download Jigglypuff from here: www.geocities.com/willoughbyj1 The reason you didn't download JS' edit is because you won't have the same KO sound and overpowered Sing Attack.

Now make a copy of the folder called TLOE JP or just rename the folder TLOE JP whatever floats your boat. First open the JP.def file and find this:
; Player information
[Info]
name = "Jigglypuff"
displayname = "TLOE Jigglypuff"
versiondate = 08,19,2000
mugenversion = 06,27,2000
author = "Willoughby Jackson"
pal.defaults = 1,2,3

Just edit the line I marked in teal to match mine.

Then open the JP.CNS file with Notepad and find:
[Data]
life = 1300          ;Amount of life to start with
attack = 120         ;100% attack power (more is stronger)
defence = 110        ;100% defensive power (more is stronger)

fall.defence_up = 50 ;Def goes up by 50% everytime player is hit on ground
liedown.time = 10    ;Time player takes before getting up from HIT_LIEDOWN
airjuggle = 15       ;Can do 15 points of juggling
sparkno = 1        ;Default spark number
guard.sparkno = 70 ;Default guard spark number
KO.echo = 0          ;1 to enable echo on KO
volume = 0           ;Volume offset (negative for softer)

[Size]
xscale = 2           ;Horizontal scaling factor.
yscale = 2           ;Vertical scaling factor.

ground.back = 20     ;Player width (back, ground)
ground.front = 20    ;Player width (front, ground)
air.back = 15        ;Player width (back, air)
air.front = 17       ;Player width (front, air)
z.width = 3          ;Player width (into and out)
height = 36        ;Height of player (for opponent to jump over)
attack.width = 4,4   ;Default attack width: back, front
attack.dist = 160    ;Default attack distance
proj.attack.dist = 90 ;Default attack distance for projectiles
proj.doscale = 0     ;Set to 1 to scale projectiles too   
head.pos = 0, -39   ;Approximate position of head
mid.pos = -14, -15    ;Approximate position of midsection
shadowoffset = 0     ;Number of pixels to vertically offset the shadow

[Velocity]
walk.fwd  = 4.5      ;Walk forward
walk.back = -4.4     ;Walk backward
run.fwd  = 6.8, 2    ;Run forward (x, y)  - if y<0, player will hop
run.back = -6.5,-5.8 ;Run backward (x, y) - if y=0, player will run
jump.neu = 4,-15.3    ;Neutral jumping velocity (x, y)
jump.back = -6.55    ;Jump back Speed (x, y)
jump.fwd = 6.5       ;Jump forward Speed (x, y)
runjump.back = -4.55,-10.1 ;Running jump speeds (opt)
runjump.fwd = 6,-12.1      ;.
airjump.neu = 2,-13.8      ;.
airjump.back = -4.55,-12.1 ;Air jump speeds (opt)
airjump.fwd = 4.5,-10.1    ;.

[Movement]
airjump.num = 2      ;Number of air jumps allowed (opt)
airjump.height = 35  ;Minimum distance from ground before you can air jump (opt)
yaccel = .55         ;Vertical acceleration
stand.friction = .3  ;Friction coefficient when standing
crouch.friction = .3 ;Friction coefficient when crouching

Edit the lines I marked in teal to match mine. Now find:
;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Override common states (use same number to override) :
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Statedef -2]

Then just go to the bottom of that section and add the following lines:
[State -2: Immune to Projectiles]
type = NOTHITBY
trigger1 = 1
value = ,AP

[State -2: PowerAdd]
type = PowerAdd
trigger1 = 1
value = 1000

Then save, and you're done. Simple huh?

1.8 How to Make Characters Translucent
I'd like to thank Kamek for his tutorial on YT. It got removed.

Open the character's cns file with Notepad and find:
;-----------------------------------------
[Statedef -2]

If the character doesn't have that in any of the cns files add it into the bottom of one. If it has an overide.cns file it's probably in there. After you either find or make that section add this:
[State -2]
type = trans
trigger1 = 1
trans = add1

Trigger1=1 means that it's always active, and I have no idea what trans=add1 is. It should work after you save the changes.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 04:57:01 pm by Kujo » Report Spam   Logged
Kujo
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 02:36:28 am »

Table of Contents
1.0 Moving your Powerbar
1.1 Hiding your Powerbar
1.2 Making the Round Display for Longer
~Portrait Stuff
1.3 Moving the Portrait
1.4 Hiding the Portrait

1.0 Moving your Powerbar
Like with the slot adding simple, but hardly known. I'm using Doorhenge's GGX Lifebars in this example. Now, open the fight.def you're editing with Notepad and find:
[Powerbar]
;Player 1
p1.pos=84,227
p1.bg1.spr = 11,4
p1.bg1.layerno=2
p1.front.anim=14
p1.front.layerno=2
p1.bg1.layerno=2
p1.range.x = -48,48
p1.counter.offset = -71,6
p1.counter.font = 1,0,0
p1.counter.layerno = 2

;Player 2
p2.pos=236,227
p2.bg1.spr = 11,5
p2.bg1.layerno=2
p2.front.anim=14
p2.front.offset = -1,0
p2.front.facing = -1
p2.front.layerno=2
p2.range.x = 48,-48
p2.counter.offset = 71,6
p2.counter.font = 1,0,0
p2.counter.layerno = 2

Like usual you numbers will vary. Only edit the lines I marked in teal unless you want a big mess. Only edit the second number. So if I'm moving the Player 1 Powerbars I want to edit the 227, and not the 84. The same goes for the Player 2 Powerbars. The 84,227 is where the axis is. The Powerbars are 84 pixels to the right, and 227 pixels down in the example. Now I'm going to move them from the bottom to the top. I'll mark what I edited in teal:
[Powerbar]
;Player 1
p1.pos=84,28
p1.bg1.spr = 11,4
p1.bg1.layerno=2
p1.front.anim=14
p1.front.layerno=2
p1.bg1.layerno=2
p1.range.x = -48,48
p1.counter.font = 1,0,0
p1.counter.layerno = 2

;Player 2
p2.pos=236,28
p2.bg1.spr = 11,5
p2.bg1.layerno=2
p2.front.anim=14
p2.front.offset = -1,0
p2.front.facing = -1
p2.front.layerno=2
p2.range.x = 48,-48
p2.counter.offset = 71,6
p2.counter.font = 1,0,0
p2.counter.layerno = 2

As you can tell I kept the first number the same, and the second number equal on both sides. I did this so they won't be touching each other or one high, and the other low. You can move them pretty much anywhere. You do have to experiment with the numbers to find a position you like.

1.1 Hiding your Powerbars
I'm using the same example as I did in the other Lifebar stuff. I call those my screw around Lifebars.

Okay, to hide your Powerbars you open the fight.def of the Lifebar you want to edit with Notepad and find:
[Powerbar]
;Player 1
p1.pos=84,28
p1.bg1.spr = 11,4
p1.bg1.layerno=2
p1.front.anim=14
p1.front.layerno=2
p1.bg1.layerno=2
p1.range.x = -48,48
p1.counter.font = 1,0,0
p1.counter.layerno = 2

;Player 2
p2.pos=236,28
p2.bg1.spr = 11,5
p2.bg1.layerno=2
p2.front.anim=14
p2.front.offset = -1,0
p2.front.facing = -1
p2.front.layerno=2
p2.range.x = 48,-48
p2.counter.offset = 71,6
p2.counter.font = 1,0,0
p2.counter.layerno = 2

Change the numbers I marked in teal to -1,-1. That'lll be a non-existant sprite, so nothing will show up. I'm just going to put the edited lines as a reference since I know if I don't the tutorial will explode again...
p1.bg1.spr = -1,-1
p2.bg1.spr = -1,-1

Now, if you stop here you'll still see how full it is. That's no good...maybe, depends on the person. Anyway, add a semicolin to the following section:
; tensionbar
[Begin Action 14]
14,0, 0,0, 1
14,1, 0,0, 1
14,2, 0,0, 1
yadayada...

To get:
; tensionbar
;[Begin Action 14]
14,0, 0,0, 1
14,1, 0,0, 1
14,2, 0,0, 1
yadayada

Tensionbar may be changed to Powerbar or something else. You may have to experiment.

1.2 Making the Round Display for Longer
Now, open your Lifebars with Notepad and find:
;"Round 1" Animation
[Begin Action 2000]

The numbers I tealed are the length of time that specific part of the animation lasts for. You're going to have to muck around to see what line is the Round Animation. You increase that number to make it display for longer, and decreas the number to make it display for a shorter amount of time. You'll have to edit for each of the rounds but I think you get the idea. Too bad there isn't a way to know what is what without all the mucking around.

1.3 Moving the Small Portrait
This is pretty much like moving Powerbars. I haven't worked it all out yet but after you get some the rest should come easy...I hope. I may update this part a little later. I just wanted to do it before I forgot.

Open the fight.def you want to edit and find:
[Face]
;Player 1
p1.pos = 42,23
p1.face.spr = 9000,0
p1.face.scale = .57,.57
p1.face.facing = 1
;Player 2
p2.pos = 275,23
p2.face.spr = 9000,0
p2.face.scale = .58,.58
p2.face.facing = -1

Your numbers are going to vary. I'm using the same GGX Lifebars as I did in the Powerbar moving section. Unlike the Powerbar moving you'll probably want to edit both the numbers in teal to suit your needs. For the p2.pos = try to increase or decrease the numbers by the same amount you did with p1.pos =. So if I make p1.pos = 42,23 into 0,13 I'd want p2.pos =  to be p2.pos = 317, 13 or so because p2.pos is on the opposite side of p1.pos which is why I added instead of subtracted. You will have to do this for every mode the Lifebars go into.

So Ctrl+F p1.pos to find everything. p2.pos should be right underneath that. This takes a lot of experimenting. I haven't got p2.pos to be perfect yet but it's the same basic thing just with different numbers. The first number is horizontal, and the second is vertical. So 0,13 means the portrait's axis is 0 pixels to the right, and 13 pixels down. You do need a little patience for this. Here's what my example would look like:
[Face]
;Player 1
p1.pos = 0,13
p1.face.spr = 9000,0
p1.face.scale = .57,.57
p1.face.facing = 1
;Player 2
p2.pos = 317,13
p2.face.spr = 9000,0
p2.face.scale = .58,.58
p2.face.facing = -1

I have tweaked since then, and found 319,13 to be perfect but I can't figure out the math

behind that. But that's why you experiment. Do the opposite of what you did to p1.pos, and

add/subtract 2? I dunno, straightforward but confusing.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/Sigfrid1229/before.png
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/Sigfrid1229/after.png

1.4 Making it so a Lifebar Doesn't Display a sprite
So you may have your Powerbars the way you want them, but you don't like the small portraits showing. You can easily fix that. So just follow this simple section.
Open the fight.def of the Lifebars you're using and find:
[Face]
;Player 1
p1.pos    = 15,9
p1.face.spr = 9000,0

Change 9000,0 to something non-existant like -1,-1. You will have to do this at many points in the fight.def. I just don't want to list them all. But 9000,0 should only appear in the face section so if you Ctrl+F it you should be fine. Press Ctrl+S to save your changes.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 04:57:32 pm by Kujo » Report Spam   Logged
WanteD
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 05:33:35 am »

nice contribution by the way this forum is with the old Mugen rules it was the hole change on MI and MFG
was the reason we made it.
Report Spam   Logged
Kujo
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 05:37:08 am »

MI apparently did it as a sick joke. I doubt the Guild did. But after today I feel iffy about MI.
Report Spam   Logged
WanteD
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 05:38:45 am »

i hope so i really like MI it felt like home.
Report Spam   Logged
PsychoticMarik
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 05:22:49 pm »

to me MI was home xD but i guess sometimes you got to move if the house turns to crap....ya i know that sucked but couldnt come up with anything better  Tongue

on topic:alwas loved this tutorial The Original Doomkitty (Kujo) Cheesy its really what taught me mugens basics
Report Spam   Logged
Kujo
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 07:57:31 pm »

Yeah, but nothing we can do. I won't compermise my ideals for them.

But yeah, I'm glad my tutorials help people out.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum