Ascended M.U.G.E.N
March 28, 2024, 03:19:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE ARE MOVING!

http://www.ascendedmugen.com/index.php?action=forum

This is the new forum and server. All downloads are now hosted here and everything far as post count can be recoverd in the proper topic.

Home Help Links Staff List Login Register  

What anime did get you into watching animes... and why?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What anime did get you into watching animes... and why?  (Read 1117 times)
Soru-Baddogai
« on: August 27, 2007, 02:38:00 am »

As some material for the Anime Board:

This is originally made by BlackPawedTiger of MI forums but for here I make my version of it here...

basically what anime did you watch that got you watching anime... and why? was it because of the art, the more complex stories than that of most western cartoons? Or even for some cheeky reason, the Fan Service that you see.

XD

To be honest, the anime I first watched that got me hooked to anime was Yu Yu Hakushu... because it was more action packed that most of the western cartoons i use to watch back in those days...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 08:46:31 pm by BlackPawedTiger » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

megafanx12
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 03:04:34 am »

either GALS! (that is how the actual title is spelled) or happy lesson was when i first started watching "real" anime, oh man, i remember those shows, i still watch 'em too!
Report Spam   Logged
DMK
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 03:44:30 am »

Sailor Moon.

It was something diffrent then reguler cartoons and I knew it.

The art, the actions the way characters interacted.

It drew me in really to wanting more from it.

I enjoyed it and couldn't help but move onto DBZ then bloombed into countless ones really.
Report Spam   Logged
WanteD
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 04:14:35 am »

sailor moon and x men then dragon ball poped the cherry.
Report Spam   Logged
BurningEcho
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 07:02:32 pm »

Eh, if I can remember, It was Gundam.
I remember watching Sailor Moon and DBZ first, but at the time I didn't know what Anime was.
Report Spam   Logged
Captain Deidara
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 08:40:48 pm »

Hellsing, 'nuff said.
Report Spam   Logged
PsychoticMarik
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 05:55:18 pm »

for me it was more or less both pokemon and digimon....didnt even know what a anime was back then xD but what you could say got me into more of the anime stuff was Evangelion.Dont care for much animes in fact i hate most all of them but a few make it on my list
Report Spam   Logged
BlackPawedTiger
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 08:51:58 pm »

Fixed the first post. You put BlackPawnedTiger. Just took out the n. It's okay. Well now, I appreciate you for mentioning me as for making this at MI. Nice version of yours here. ^ ^

Okay, some might know this. It was Ronin Warriors. Why you ask? A great series with good entertainment for me. I got hooked on it and loved it. My favorite warrior was the dark blue armor wearing one. Too bad I still yet to see the collection here for US. I might plan on getting the import one.
Report Spam   Logged
hyper saiyan 2092
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 12:36:25 am »

DBZ.,.....nuff said
Report Spam   Logged
Melty Gear
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 03:56:28 pm »

Well, when I was around 4 or 5 my brother called me into his room to watch a movie one day. It was Ninja Scroll and what I saw kinda blew my mind. Killing and breasts..always remembered when that golem dude did that thing. After that, I saw 3x3 eyes while I was in a comic shop. The employees where in a back room watching so I decided to take a peek and I was drawn to that series even more.

When I discovered Sailor Moon which came on every day before I left for school I got hooked again. I am the way I am now thanks to these anime series. The action, the situations, character design and its history all flow through me and I feel even more alive. Now I write and draw my own manga and custom sprite my favorite characters hopefully to put them in M.U.G.E.N. when i'm done learning all I can about the stuff in cns and all that.

(EX MODE) The first hentai series I saw was Twin Dolls. You don't even want to know what I got here now lol
Report Spam   Logged
yungsunny
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 05:59:01 am »

gundam wing and dragonballz because i loved seeing stuff blow up
Report Spam   Logged
superflyMcswifty
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 04:39:47 pm »

Inuyasha- I thought the Tetsuiga was badass
Report Spam   Logged
YaR1030
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 07:59:17 pm »

>_>

<_<

¬_¬

Sailor Moon is still Cool. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
anthony.gamer
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 06:45:24 am »

Dragonball Z. Back in the mid 90's, the over the top fight scenes were very mind blowing.

That was also one of the first very popular animes around at the time, here in the US.

I kept watching DBZ every day. Watching the Saiyan Saga over and over again until they finally came out with new episodes.

I was so happy the see Goku beat the crap out of the Ginyu Force. Good times.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged
maliqblaq
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 10:37:45 am »

Ok, I'm about to show my age, Aphrodite A and then Voltron, i'm sure very few of you were born yet. lol
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum